I’m a big list-maker and goal-setter, but I’ve never actually made a blog post where I set short-term goals for myself. It’s time to change that.
June is going to be an exciting month for me. I have my very last uni exam on the 6th (and will hopefully hear I graduated afterwards!) and my twentieth birthday is on the 24th. It’s also the sixth month of the year, which means 2016 is flying by really effing quick.
I have a couple of personal goals that I want to work on, so I thought I’d tell you about them, maybe you can even keep me accountable. 😉
”If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
- Post something at least every other day. In June, I’m going to be way less busy because I’m basically on summer break. That means I have time and I should use it wisely. I would like to write and post something every single day, but I don’t want to set a goal for myself that might not be realistic, so I changed that to every other day. I’m the kind of person that gets more creative when I create, so posting every other day should really help with that.
- Engage in conversation. I love reading other people’s posts and commenting on them, and I also love having great conversation with people that comment on my own posts! I need to make it a point every single day to sit down and read the posts in my WordPress feed, and discover new, wonderful blogs.
- Start an organized list of ideas. I like to think that I’m organized, but by nature I’m really not. I scribble ideas down everywhere: in several notebooks, my journal, planner, the back of receipts and used envelopes. Not convenient. I have a cool little notebook from Google that they gave me when I participated in a workshop from them, and I plan on using that to write down all my ideas with bullet points and notes if necessary.
- Run a 10k. Or 6 miles, if you’re in North America. I’ve never ran more than 8k, ever. I don’t know why, but 10k feels like this distance I was never able to do. I know that’s just in my head, so in June, I’m going to run it.
- Run four times a week. I’ve been doing this for the past two months, and I want to keep it up in June, while increasing the distance a little bit every week.
- Do some other kind of workout the other three days of the week. It doesn’t matter what: walking, dancing, body weight exercises. I just want to do something every single day.
- Be mindful of what I eat. Not trying to be restrictive here, but just mindful of what I eat, when I do it and why. I used to not be a good intuitive eater and eat only for the sake of comfort. I’m trying to break that habit.
Other personal goals:
- Write in my journal at least twice a week. This is a habit I’ve been trying to get back into. There are times where I journal every day and then I don’t do it for two weeks. Journaling helps me to reflect on my life and it helps me clear my head.
- Watch CrashCourse World History 1 and CrashCourse Philosophy. Because in the age of the internet, ignorance is a choice. (John Green, if you read this, I love you.)
- Wear sunscreen every day. Sunscreen. Is. Important. And I’ve been slacking lately. So I want to get back to it in June.
- Read at least three books this month. At the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself to read at least 40 books in all of 2016. To stay on track, I need to read at least three books this month. It’s a good thing I have an eReader now.
This seems like a really long and extensive list now that I’m looking at it, but I like breaking down my bigger goals into smaller goals just to they don’t feel so daunting or unrealistic. Writing them down like this also makes me excited about working on them!
Here’s to another amazing month! Have you set any goals for yourself?
Photo taken by Yanko Peyankov (via Unsplash.com)