I was tagged by Adelina from The Living Me to do the five senses tag. Please check out Adelina, her posts are like a hot cup of tea on a cold, rainy day. 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- For each of the five senses (or as many as you do) describe five of your favorite things having to do with that sense. AKA your five favorite smells, sounds, etc.
- Nominate five other people to do this tag.
Here we go!
- Seeing wrinkles disappear when I’m hot ironing.
- A neatly organized planner. (I search the hashtag #planneraddict on Instagram all the time.)
- Perfectly applied red lipstick.
- Seeing people paint. I watch an embarrassing amount of Bob Ross episodes for exactly this reason.
- Seeing my phone light up with a text from someone I haven’t heard from in a while or that I care about very much.
- Fresh bed sheets. Heck yes.
- Rain on a hot day. Nothing feels better than being out in the sun all day and feeling those first splashes of rain on your shoulders.
- Holding hands with my favorite person.
- Sand. This is a weird one, but I like feeling sand on my hands and feet. This probably has to do with the fact that I grew up near the beach and played in the sand as a child a lot.
- Pressing the buttons in elevators. Oddly satisfying.
- Coffee! This has to be my favorite smell in the world.
- This parfum. It’s my favorite and I’m going to cry when it runs out.
- Fresh cookies out of the oven.
- Tobacco. I don’t smoke and I hate the smell of smoke itself, but I do enjoy the smell of fresh tobacco for some odd reason.
- Gasoline. Also weird, but I love the smell of gasoline, maybe this is why I enjoy hopping onto random gas stations so much, haha.
Taste (can a person choose something that isn’t food here? Nah):
- Dark chocolate. My all-time favorite.
- Fruit. I don’t think there is a fruit that I don’t like, but my favorites are strawberries, blueberries and apples.
- Greek yogurt. The past couple of months I’ve been obsessed with Greek yogurt and I eat it almost every day. Usually with some fruit, granola and cinnamon.
- The vanilla bean frappuchino from Starbucks. Enough said.
- Ketchup. If I don’t hold myself back I put it on everything. Ketchup is life, ketchup is love.
- Any of these songs.
- Listening to someone’s breathing when they sleep. I often wake up before my boyfriend and will listen to him breathe for a while before I get up.
- The sound of someone typing on a keyboard. Maybe it’s because I’m a writer myself, but this is very soothing to me.
- White noise. I used to fall asleep listening to white noise all the time.
- Silence. Might be weird to some, but I live in a busy place and being somewhere where it’s completely silent is very rare, but amazing when it happens.
This was so much fun to write out!
I’m excited to ee other people do this tag. 🙂